lEssons & RENTALS
We have versatile instructors, all of which are local, expert surfers, born waterman, and are trained in water safety and CPR. Our team knows the ocean and can guide you on the perfect surfing or SUP experience depending on your skill level and what you are looking to accomplish with your lesson. Our approach to teaching is simple- FUN trumps all. If you are not having fun in the water than we have failed. All lessons include equipment rentals including boards, paddles, leashes, wax and SPF 50 rash-guards.
We offer a great selection of SUP and surf boards for surfers of all levels including foam top boards with rubber fins for beginners. . Our fleet of boards is brand new which is hard to come by in Mexico. All rentals include a standard paddle if applicable, leash, wax and a SPF 50 rash guard. Carbon fiber paddles are available for a small up-charge. Equipment can be booked in advance and delivered to your hotel or villa with multi-day rentals.
- Beginner: Surfing is not easy although our pro's make it look so. A successful lesson for us means providing a basic understanding of the dynamics of proper paddling technique, the pop up, foot and body position, entry and exit to the water and safety. After a quick session on the beach you will be ready to hit the water. Most of our beginners find success riding broken waves in the white water as it's much easier to practice the basics in broken waves without all the energy of a green wave pounding you to the sand. We have several spots in and around Sayulita that are ideal for beginners to get out and enjoy the water. We will make our best effort to match your ability to the right equipment and the right conditions you you spend your session riding waves vs. being tossed around in the suds.
- Beginner Plus: Some people have knack for things... it takes years to be classified as an intermediate surfer but we have found that some people pick up the mechanics very fast and are able to catch waves, paddle through white water etc. without too much assistance. A strong level of base line fitness and a can-do attitude is sometimes all it takes for a beginner to start catching real waves. We understand that basic lessons may move too slow for some folks that have either had lessons before or have a knack for picking things up... In this case we can paddle out with you into some more advanced conditions and make sure you get some great rides while offering pointers and high fives should you need it.
- Intermediate: Been surfing a while? Know how to surf just fell out of shape? Long-boarder looking to try a short board? We like to think of our relationship with intermediate surfers as a guided-buddy experience. We can take you to some of the best waves in the area and nurture your growing skill sets along with some priceless spot info that only locals can provide.
- Advanced: OK, you can probably teach us a thing or two... but we are all students of this progressive sport and having some buds to shred with never hurts! Air higher, get tubed longer, and do it with a local that knows how to keep you out of the reef, away from urchins and out of the crowds. We offer guided sessions and advanced equipment rentals for those that want to shred.
SUP (STAND UP PADDLE) LESSONS
- Flat Water SUP Touring: Some people just like to enjoy the glide out on the open water and find that SUP in flat water is an amazing workout and a great way to connect with the ocean without getting pounded by surf. Balancing and paddling a SUP takes a great deal of core strength and is an amazing way to get in a total body work out while taking in the beauty of the surroundings. We will start our lesson by warm up all of your SUP muscles and we will teach you how to safely enter and exit the water. We will also focus on paddle technique and body position to allow you to enjoy your time on the water. We have a great selection of SUP's for the whole family including 8' foam top SUP's and paddles for the kids! For those looking for more of a flat water experience we have a launch point where the waves break gently that will allow for easy entrance and exit to the deep blue.
- SUP Surfing: SUP surfing is the fastest growing board sport in the world. Many ex-surfers are discovering the relative ease of getting waves on a SUP vs. paddling a surfboard. If you are already a proficient flat water paddler and or have a basic level of surfing under your belt you may want to try a SUP surf lesson with one of our pro's. Depending on your skill level our lessons can be tailored to your needs, we will focus on quick stroke, efficient paddling, turning into waves, pulling back, and riding some great waves at one of many perfect SUP surf spots in and around Sayulita.